Deadline for submission to essay contest: May 30, 2015
AmeriQuest Wants to Help Fund Your College Tuition
Students who are studying or are planning to study a technology or business derived major, or a related field or trade, are invited to take part in our $1,000 scholarship essay competition.
A solid transportation industry is the backbone of a healthy economy. Without timely, reliable drivers, the economy can slowly grind to a halt, and expenses and living costs can become unaffordable. Whether you know it or not, the transportation industry is suffering from a serious shortage of drivers. This is not just a problem related to the American transportation industry; a number of European countries are also seeing shortages in their ranks of professional drivers. This problem has forced the industry to begin reevaluating its practices, hoping to attract a new pool of young, qualified drivers.
The topic for this year’s scholarship essay competition is, “What can the transportation industry do to attract a new generation of drivers?”
For your essay, take this concept and present your ideas as to how the industry can best market these jobs to young adults and millennials. Tackle the issue from whatever angle you prefer.
- Contest is open to any high school senior or student enrolled in college within the United States who is looking to supplement his/her tuition.
- Participants must nominate themselves by submitting an essay exploring how innovation can help resolve the driver shortage issue.
- All essays must be between 500 and 1,000 words.
- All essays must be submitted in PDF or Word format to email@example.com by May 30, 2015 in order to qualify. The winner will be announced by June 30, 2015.
- Included in your essay, please detail the name of the school you wish to attend, the major you wish to pursue, and any notable achievements.
- Submissions will be based on work quality, academic excellence, creativity, and expertise.
Terms and Conditions
- By submitting your entry, you agree that all of your responses will become property of AmeriQuest Business Services and its partners.
- Winners may be required to verify their enrollment in college.